Wednesday 6 April 2016

Black Scorpion: Cabin Boy

So this week's contribution to the cause is another crew member, the Cabin Boy. Everyone's welcome to give him a first name ...


Played with weathered leather on the coat and it didn't work out as I wanted, but you know what? That's fine. I'll just try again on the next one to see if I can make it a little better. He's painted up as the mini-me of the Captain, who you haven't seen yet, so this is a nice test of techniques and colours before the big man himself.

Yes there is a small mold line on his foot. But you didn't see it, did you ...


Although after looking at the Crystal Brush finalists this year, I did feel like putting my collection in the oven and climbing in to join 'em. But seriously ... go on, take a look, they're beautiful.

Onward toward the more characterful figures in the party, with the beleaguered navigator and flamboyant preacher looming on the horizon.